Thursday, July 12, 2012

Peppermint Stick for Andrea

I finished my Peppermint Stick and signature blocks for Andrea while I was on retreat at Gruber's with my prized blogging friends.  Not as fun as Amanda Jean's...But I didn't have that many bright, clear reds, surprisingly.  I found that I have a tendency more toward the brick reds.  So, I found these two great reds at Gruber's (I love gingham, and you might not be able to tell from the photo, but the more solid red is quilter's linen...it has a little visual texture).  I just alternated the two reds.  I thought that was kind of fun for a Peppermint Stick.  I hope you like these, Andrea!  They are on their way to you!

I know everyone else thought these were easy, but I tell you, I unsewed several of the seams.  I had the hardest time with those stupid angles!  LOL.  But that's just me.  Your tutorial was awesome.  Once I got the hang of it, I was okay.

Can't wait to see your finished quilt with these!  How fun!

Thank you, Andrea, for coordinating this bee.  I had so much fun, and I appreciate how gentle everyone was with me on my first bee.  I am sad to see it come to an end.  I look forward to seeing everyone's finished quilts!

Stephanie (AKA Mama Pea)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love gingham!!! Can't wait to see this in person. It looks great. Thanks Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete